The course is conducted by a qualified physiotherapist with extensive work health and safety experience.This course aims to familarise participants with the knowledge and skills for correct manual handling. Participants learn to apply the principles of risk management to manual handling scenarios. This session contains both practical and theory components.
This course can be customised to cover specific organisational procedures within various industries such as airline, transport, construction, manufacturing or health and community sectors. Please contact us for further information.
- Definition of ManualHandling/Hazardous Manual Tasks.
- Understand Manual Handling responsibilities under NSW WHS Act 2011.
- Explain responsibilities in complying with organisational safe work practices.
- Explain basic back anatomy and ideal posture in relation to manual handling.
- Understand back pain its causes and prevention.
- Explain incorrect manual handling practices.
- Explain principles of correct manual handling.
- Understand and apply risk identification, assessment and control procedures in relation to manual handling.
- Practical application of correct manual handling principles.
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a statement of attendance issued by Advance OHS.
Course duration: 2-3 hours
HSR Initial Course
HSR Refresher Course
Introduction to RTW
Construction White Card
Safety Representative and Committee Courses
Health and Safety Committee Training
Traffic Control Courses
Apply Traffic Control Plans (Yellow Card)
Stop/Slow (Blue Card)
Design & Inspect Traffic Control Plans (Orange Card)
Select/Modify Traffic Control Plans (Red Card)
Emergency and First Aid
Apply First Aid
Fire Warden and Emergency Training
Confined Space Training
Confined Space Awareness
Confined Space Refresher
Confined Space Standby Person
Short WHS Courses
Accident Investigation and Reporting
Risk Management for Supervisors and Managers
WHS Legislation Briefing
Auditing and Consulting
Safety Management System
Free Safety Posters