This course is a requirement for personnel who are required to control traffic with a Stop/Slow bat. This course will provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to perform traffic control safely for their co-workers and the public’s.
Note This course does not qualify participants to set up or work with traffic control plans.
- Understand the role of a Traffic Controller.
- Apply the procedures of traffic controlling within a worksite.
- Operate a 2-way radio correctly and effectively.
- Promote the role of traffic controller in the community.
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive:
- RMS Statement of Training
- Traffic controller pocket sized card from RMS.
Nominal course duration: 1 Day
- Adequate literacy
- Steel Cap Boots
- A NSW Workcover construction induction card (white card) or equivalent.
- Hold or have previously held one of the two options listed below
- NSW P2 (Green Ps) drivers licence or equivalent or higher or
- NSW traffic controller photo card (expired within the last two years).
- Overseas Licence that is the equivalent or better than the above points. ie applicant has been driving unsupervised (i.e. not on a learner’s permit) for 12 months or more.